V-Nova, a London based IP and software company, is dedicated to improving data compression by building a vast portfolio of innovative technologies based on the game-changing use of AI and parallel processing for data, video, imaging, and point cloud compression, with applications across several verticals. This is achieved through deep-science R&D (300+ international patents) and the development of products that test, prove and continuously enhance the technology portfolio.
V-Nova has contributed part of its IP to drive standardization of two codec formats, MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC), a low-complexity enhancement video codec, and SMPTE VC-6 (ST-2117), a high-performance AI-based video and imaging codec. V-Nova has developed multiple award-winning software products to kickstart the ecosystems for its technologies and allow their immediate deployment, addressing use cases in TV, media, entertainment, social networks, eCommerce, ad-tech, security, aerospace, defence, automotive and gaming.
We’re committed to the extraordinary and rely on the talent of our high-performing diverse teams to provide innovative solutions and deliver what we promise. We’ve worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment and excellence and achieves through teamwork. We’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals who thrive off solving challenging problems and want to make an impact. With groundbreaking technology, a fast-paced collaborative environment and major growth plans, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us.
You will be embracing DevOps philosophies and driving key deliverables into our organisation. We believe in codification (Infrastructure and Configuration as code), automation, immutability, CI/CD and scalability — all for the benefit of our internal teams and users.
Your day to day duties will include working closely with our development and engineering teams to assist them with the operational requirements of implementing new and existing applications, optimising our delivery pipeline, maintaining and scaling our infrastructure, and beyond.
We are a multi-cultural and diverse engineering team. We are a mix of data centre and cloud based operations. We use JIRA, Confluence, Gitlab and Slack. We like embracing new technologies.We also like to have fun!
* Create and maintain documentation on our platforms and processes
* Scaling and optimising CI/CD pipelines
* Automation and monitoring
* Security of the production and development environments
* Continuous compliance inspec, rspec, deep understanding of CIS compliance framework within CI
* Mentoring developers in agile and DevOps best practices
* Providing solutions for our developers to deliver features and changes in fast, scalable and reliable manner
* Participate in agile ceremonies
* 5+ years of experience in enterprise DevOps (experience in media, imaging or video desirable)
* Outstanding & proactive oral and written communication skills - with colleagues, mentees, and customers
* Problem-solving + analytical troubleshooting mindset with a hands-on attitude
* Exposure to programming and experience with operations in a commercial environment
* Knowledge and practical experience of auto-scaling machine learning based systems in AWS.
* Desire to work in a fast paced, ever evolving and growing dynamic environment
* Prefers CLI over GUI
* Problem solver through automation but within a devsecops framework.
* Strong background in Linux/Unix and system administration
* Strong experience in Python
* Good understanding of C++ and Conan package management
* Knowledge of best practices and operations in DevOps practices.
* Demonstrable experience of building in greenfield environments
* Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible and Terraform
* Preferable exposure to hashistack (consul, vault, packer etc)
* Experience with AWS — AWS API, EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS
* GCP or azure would be a plus
* Experience with Docker, Docker images and usage in CI/CD and cloud environments
* Experience of using packer to build immutable images
* Experience with Docker orchestration (Kurbernetes)
* Experience with agile software development + DevOps philosophies
* Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence)
* Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins/Gitlab CI/Concourse CI
* Working understanding of code/script (Bash/Shell)
* Git source control and GitLab experience