V-Nova™ is a London-headquartered company providing advanced video and image processing hardware and software solutions. Its novel encoding technology, PERSEUS™, is based on principles underlying human vision. PERSEUS™ simultaneously offers significant improvements in compression, picture quality and processing speed with reduced power consumption. This is true in all practical commercial applications, such as on- and offline broadcasting, contribution, production and distribution at all quality levels, and within existing infrastructure.
Founded in 2011 as part of a growing consortium of leading global partners, V-Nova™ aims to serve multiple industry segments, including broadcasting, aerospace & defence, security, video conferencing, medical imaging and telematics.
We’ve worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. Working at V-Nova™ gives you the chance to reshape how video is consumed around the world while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
You will be embracing DevOps philosophies and driving key deliverables into our organisation. We believe in codification (Infrastructure and Configuration as code), automation, immutability, CI/CD and scalability — all for the benefit of our internal teams and users.
Your day to day duties will include working closely with our development and engineering teams to assist them with the operational requirements of implementing new and existing applications, optimising our delivery pipeline, maintaining and scaling our infrastructure, and beyond.
We are a multi-cultural and diverse engineering team. We are a mix of data centre and cloud based operations. We use JIRA, Confluence, Gitlab and Slack. We like embracing new technologies. We also like to have a laugh - banter is a requirement.
* Participate in agile ceremonies
* Create and maintain documentation on our platforms and processes
* Scaling and optimising CI/CD pipelines
* Automation and monitoring
* Security of the production and development environments
* Continuous compliance inspec, rspec, deep understanding of CIS compliance framework within CI
* 5+ years of experience in enterprise DevOps
* Outstanding & proactive oral and written communication skills - with colleagues, mentees, and customers
* Problem-solving + analytical troubleshooting mindset with a hands-on attitude
* Providing solutions for our developers to deliver features and changes in fast, scalable and reliable manner
* Exposure to programming and experience with operations in a commercial environment
* Knowledge and practical experience of auto-scaling machine learning based systems in AWS.
* Desire to work in a fast paced, ever evolving and growing dynamic environment
* Prefers CLI over GUI
* Problem solver through automation but within a devsecops framework.
* Strong background in Linux/Unix and system administration
* Strong development experience in Python.
* Knowledge of best practices and operations in DevOps practices.
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef, Terraform or an equivalent
* Preferable exposure to hashistack (Terraform, consul, vault, packer etc)
* Experience with AWS — AWS API, EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS
* GCP or azure would be a plus
* Experience with Docker, Docker images and usage in CI/CD and cloud environments
* Experience of using packer to build immutable images
* Experience with agile software development + DevOps philosophies
* Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence)
* Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins/Gitlab CI
* Working understanding of code/script (Bash/Shell)
* Git source control and GitHub experience